Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, I am looking to completely eliminate the shift booth that is currently on my 2010 cobalt. It's original as far as I know, but I plain don't like it. My husband joked the day I got it that my car also had a vagina :notrust: It is odd looking with that center gathered seam...but more than anything, I simply don't like it. So, is there a way to take it off and have a non-boot shifter ? It's only on that tiny area anyhow with the letters to the side anyhow. Just wanted to ask before I go to trying to pry things off :p

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I can get photos if need be...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
pics would be nice, I could be wrong but i don't remember seeing a boot on an auto for these cars... If there is one on there it would have been added by someone most likely, again i could be wrong..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No the 2010 has a shift boot. You could get an earlier year shifter from the junkyard like this one. Only 2 nuts a clip and one connector.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
boot aint that ugly i love me boot!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My husband joked the day I got it that my car also had a vagina :notrust: ...
I think she's just afraid her husband is going to start humping the center console because it looks like a vagina.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen other boots that look much better... this one is just.. odd. If he's that keen on it, all the elderly ladies need to watch out... because is pretty pitiful and wrinkled LMAO... sorry if that's a bit... yeah... XP

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
We're all adults here for the most part.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

You know us men really don't care if it's wrinkled right? The challenge is to see if we can get the pleats out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.