Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a how to on this? I want to remove the chrome on the grill so i can paint the bowtie.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Grill bowtie is held on by 2-10mm speed nuts. Emblem is very easily removed without involving the grill.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
looks like he has an LTZ. it doesn't come off like that on those cars 423. It's a lot more work. I can't remember how it's done though.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

actually I guess it's an LT with the "chrome package" same thing I believe though.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
looks like he has an LTZ. it doesn't come off like that on those cars 423. It's a lot more work. I can't remember how it's done though.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

actually I guess it's an LT with the "chrome package" same thing I believe though.
^This. There's no access to the bolts. I think you remove the billet grille normally but you have to remove the chrome part from the billet grille to get at the bolts. I couldn't get it off when I tried, so I just painted my bowtie on the car. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^This. There's no access to the bolts. I think you remove the billet grille normally but you have to remove the chrome part from the billet grille to get at the bolts. I couldn't get it off when I tried, so I just painted my bowtie on the car. :bigsmile:
I'd just mask off the front and do it. just use a sheet or some plastic bags n cut a hole where you can spray the emblem.
This^^^^ all most likely have to do this. i broke a clip on the left middle part and was like forget this ill just paint it while its on the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.