Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering how to fully remove dead bugs from the end of the car? I live an hour away from where i work, and the quickest way is all on back roads, so i hit like 18 million bugs on my way to work everynight. I've washed my car several times and tried goo gone but its only worked somewhat.

I read somewhere that taking an unused dryer sheet, running it under water, and rubbing it on your car will take off the dead bugs. Anyone tried this?

I just wanna be able to see my pretty front bumper for once:eek:h:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey guys i was just wondering how to fully remove dead bugs from the end of the car? I live an hour away from where i work, and the quickest way is all on back roads, so i hit like 18 million bugs on my way to work everynight. I've washed my car several times and tried goo gone but its only worked somewhat.

I read somewhere that taking an unused dryer sheet, running it under water, and rubbing it on your car will take off the dead bugs. Anyone tried this?

i have this stuff that turtle wax makes called bug and tar remover... its in a green can at walmart... it works GREATT!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
i have this stuff that turtle wax makes called bug and tar remover... its in a green can at walmart... it works GREATT!!
^^ This stuff works well if you clean the bugs off right away. If you leave them sit on there too long it doesn't work too well :embarrest:..... Bugs seem to chemically adhere to our bumpers like super glue.....

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
60-grit sandpaper

Don't actually do that :laugh:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Scrub like a mother ****** with a soft rag. ABSOLUTELY NO SCRATCH OR BRILLOW PADS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have that and it does work good.
Usually after the bumper is waxed they come off real easy.
Also gets high temp BBQ paint off the car.

Another way to get them off is to use a Cleaner Wax like Rain Dance or Miguriers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes the wet unused dryer sheet does work i do it all the time wen im out of bug and tar remover

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Go to walmart where ever cleaning supplies are bought and buy a bottle of GREASED LIGHTNING. Spray it on and let it soak while you are washing your car and then go back and wipe it off. Works amazing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.