Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting rid of the stupid dealer stuff they throw on your car when you buy it. It's gonna be a two step process.

Step 1:Front

I'm getting rid of the front license plate they put on the front of my car. It left three holes in the front bumper. I imagine filling in the holes and painting them would be the best way, if anyone knows a better way let me know.

Step 2: Back

I have a dealer sticker on the back. I was wonder what's the best thing to put on it to remove it the easiest without ruining the paint.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
i hear ya on this when i got my car i went to leave the dealer i go to get in my car and i seen that they had put a frame on the license plate and a badge(not sticker) so i ripped off the badge and used a coin to remove the frame. they all stood there and watched. I think they were a little upset. O WELL.:laugh: OBTW ya goo gone works wonders.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's the thing to do in the future. If the car has the the ads on before purchasing, work it into the deal to have them removed back to the way it came from the factory. If not, force them to fix it because It wasn't like this when you test drove it.

HEREs the kicker. If you're working it into the deal, and they say either we cant remove them, or that it will cost extra to remove them, simply ask them "Well then are you willing to pay me an extra $1000 (or other amount based on car cost) for all the advertising that I'm going to be doing for you?" Most will fix it, but if they give you $1000, you just got $500 an hour after you take them off yourself at home and you still got what you wanted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
haha, I like that idea! I'm just to lazy to go pull their sticker off my car... And I'd love to not have holes in my front bumper. Damn Illinois laws.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's the thing to do in the future. If the car has the the ads on before purchasing, work it into the deal to have them removed back to the way it came from the factory. If not, force them to fix it because It wasn't like this when you test drove it.
I've done this a few times, usually raised eyebrows, but they always did it without much fuss.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the sticker off, still tryin out stuff on the front. I tested what plugging the holes up would look like with the tops of nails. It wasn't as noticable as 3 holes in the front of the car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just get bondo and fill JUST the holes then touch up paint them. It wont look great but it wont be as noticeable from distances.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i hear ya on this when i got my car i went to leave the dealer i go to get in my car and i seen that they had put a frame on the license plate and a badge(not sticker) so i ripped off the badge and used a coin to remove the frame. they all stood there and watched. I think they were a little upset. O WELL.:laugh: OBTW ya goo gone works wonders.
LOL! You didn't wait till you got home you just debaged it right there LMFAO!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.