Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove these peices? I am planning on painting them the same color as the car.

·
Registered
803 Posts
those are the a, b, and c pillars. im pretty sure theyre held o. by clips like the rest of the car

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K I was kinda thinking the same just kinda nervous bout the front one it kinda tucks into the dash

·
Registered
100 Posts
the b pillar is a little tricky. you need to remove the the thumb pad cover. That will expose a torx screw that is prety big...I do not know the actual size..and if I remember correctly you will need to slip the seatbelt through the slot in the cover..you will need to remove the torx screw at the bottom of the seatbelt on the floor of the car. cover is held on by clips and it is tucked up under the sill trim panel of the door jamb...(at least on a sedan) sill trim panels pry off in a firm upward motion with a plastic trim removal tool or putty knife covered with tape so you dont scratch paint ...hope this helps. Ken

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
A pillar (front of car) has a screw in the "airbag" pop up, then it just pops out with clips. B pillar requires a T50 I believe to take the seatbelt off and a screw above in the thumb cover. C pillar just pulls right off with clips, no screws.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Doing the sides later?

·
Registered
10 Posts
im in the process of painting my interior black what paint did you use i have heard of many but nobody has given me a solid answer
i have everything out of my car besides my front seats and dash i just want to know what kinda paint

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I used krylon plastic, plasti dip I have heard works well too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.