Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an idea but how about splitting the forum into the three motor platforms (4 when the new SS/TC is released) for engine mods and transmission sections. It just makes it easier for an L61 guy to look at something for his platform or an LSJ guy to look at mods for his platform. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'd appreciate you splitting the performance forum into three (later 4) separate forums for each engine too.

I don't have much to offer LSJ owners but I have been "playing" with 2.2 and 2.4 engines enough to give advice to those owners.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just think it would be better more some mods and easier for you guys maybe assign mods to certain platforms and stuff. It was just an idea I just like the navigation and it just makes it easier to locate stuff for your vehicle.

·
Registered
673 Posts
When the ss.net exodus happened this idea was brought up and basically what some of the old memeber base said was "how dare you come here and try to change our little community." Honestly I think it's a good idea to split the platforms up simply for organization purposes, however at the same time the theory behind modification is the same for all platforms and it's only the details that differ. So a case could be made that even if a mod is LSJ specific for example, others can learn from the theory behind it even if they don't have the LSJ.

I'm honestly open to anything. I like the site the way it is, but more organization could be a bad thing because you can have too many sections. One of the great things about here is that it's simple so it's easy to navigate.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you rephrase that? I think I understand but I'm not sure...lol
Dear god I think I was drunk when I posted that. Ok sober talk. I think dividing engine/tranny mods up that specific platform is a good Idea. That is basically what I was trying to say lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't want to beat this thread to death but how about a forum other sites don't have: Cobalt Parts Sites: In this forum post the site you have visited for certain or hard to get parts.
Example: Nugz inserted a site for chrome emblems -- a few months from now it will be difficult to find his site because he posted it in a thread on the 3rd brakelight -- search won't work as well when looking for "off-topic" messages/information. I realize that it could be a way for people to advertise without paying but it would be able to provide a quick reference for Cobalt owners.....

Just a thought...Thanks!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What do you mean print it out? Are you having issues viewing the site?
No problems...when you posted the website for the emblems you just have "this place" to click on. If you look at my post above, I copied and pasted your posted website but the whole address posted, not just "this place". How do you change the adress line and type in "this place"?

·
Registered
768 Posts
No problems...when you posted the website for the emblems you just have "this place" to click on. If you look at my post above, I copied and pasted your posted website but the whole address posted, not just "this place". How do you change the adress line and type in "this place"?
when you reply to a thread there is a world icon with something in front of it click on that paste you link in there and then when you press ok it'll have a highlighted section in the message box. Just press delete and write what you want it to say

see coolest car site ever

·
Registered
561 Posts

It has to do with the BB code that is used to make the URL...for example

This place

If you were to see the code for it it would look like this: With the exception of a closing ] at the end is missing.

Code:
[URL="http://youremblem.com/catalog/"]This place[/url

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.