Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post. Like everyone else on here i am not only concerned about the performance of my cobalt but the exterior condition and detailing as well. This may see a bit compulsive, but detailing means just that, DETAIL. Anyway while looking at some of my doorjambs the bolts that hold the door on are missing portions of paint where the body shop had to do repairs requring the removal of the door.

This to me is an eyesore especially considering i keep my door jambs cleaned and detailed. How can i go about repainting theses? Can i just spray over them with touchup paint from the dealer? Do i s have to sand them down and repaint or do i have to sand them down then primer them and the repaint? Ill never mess with this lousy body shop again.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I also made an attempt to post a pic of it but apparently failed. How do i post pics?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What areas have you applied the touch up paint to? also did you have to sand or use primer? id rather just be able to just simpl clean it and paint over it even where existing paint still remains because like you said it doesnt need to be perfect. i just want it to be painted instead of grey metal spots showing. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.