Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2007 Cobalt (4dr) that has an exhaust leak. Mechanic informed me yesterday that the 'flex tube' and where it bolts to the manifold is where the leak is. He quoted a price of $750 for the repair. When I asked how much to replace the entire exhaust system ... $775???
This to me seems awfully high price to replace a single component on a 8 year old exhaust system?
I was also quoted a $200 price for replacing the control arm ... this sounds fairly reasonable to me .... any thoughts would be appreciated.

BTW this is using a local mechanic ... not a dealership!

Thanks, -thesir

·
Registered
153 Posts
I paid 125 to replace a control arm, and I supplied the control arm. In my case though, the bolt that goes through the rear of the control arm was seized, and needed to be cut and drilled out. (I did one side myself, and was happy to pay 125$ not to have to do the other side.) I would say that 200$ to replace the control arm to include the part would be pretty reasonable. Replacing the flex tube for 775$ sounds pretty high in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Find a different shop to do the exhaust haha I paid less than that to buy a used header, downpipe, and catback and paid a shop 180 to put it all on.. I have a total of 700 bucks for the entire exhaust and that's all zzp stuff too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.