Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was in an accident and the bumper is fine but the frame went into the radiator, what part of the frame is that called?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

·
Registered
73 Posts
well i cant see your picture but if it is the piece of the frame that is right behind your bumper and connects the two frame rails it is called the crash bar. if it is the piece where the upper bolts of the headlight bolt into it is called a tiebar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it actually surprised me when the bumper didnt crack but the metal piece went into the condencer, radiator and fan. you wouldnt happen to have an extra crash bar??

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Close, actually called Impact bar...

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah it actually surprised me when the bumper didnt crack but the metal piece went into the condencer, radiator and fan. you wouldnt happen to have an extra crash bar??
where are you from? if you are near altoona pa i could hook you up. but otherthan that id doubt you would wantto pay shipping on it. aftermarket one are way cheaper than the gm and they fit exactly the same.

yes an impact bar, crashbar tell any parts place either or and they will know what you mean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.