Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i need help to learn to remove a 2.0 head to replace gasket. Can i do this while the engine is still in car ? What is the procedure ? How to set the timing marks for removal ? Etc... Any tricks to do this ? All help is appreciated !! Thank you !!:|:|

·
Registered
2 Posts
One option, which I have used and presently enjoy, is the Dura-Seal headgasket in-the-car fix.

I don't have any dog in the fight, or money on it either.

A headgasket replacement frequently evolves into a head-grinding to re-true the block head due to distortion from the overheating that lead to the headgasket failure. Usually, one expects more damage in this situation.

I did my repair last summer, and its holding up well.

Not a real repair, as in returned-to-factory-condition, yet a fix that costs less.

It was, in my estimation, worth the risk.

That the technology is flexible and not rigid (water glass; sodium silicate) and does better with the expansion/contraction issues of engine geometries at operating temperature and under load.

When I'm driving I prefer to have issues under control so I can pay attention to whats happening on the road, without concern for whats happening in the car.

Just turned 445K on a 2007 Pontiac G-5 (A Cobalt/Ion/Delta Platform) so I must be doing something right.

Good Luck with your situation!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.