Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side bearing was going out on my 2009 Cobalt. I would have done it myself, but my back was acting up and I didn't have the time to do it. So I took it to a local garage and the guy replaced it for $230.00. I am assuming I paid about $180 in labor. Does that sound reasonable? I don't think it would even have taken me an hour to do it myself.
What say you?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
With or without ABS? After market or OEM? With or without lifetime warranty? When You do it yourself you don't have to pay taxes on labour either. I personally think you did good and preserving your back is priceless!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, yah, probably so. Sux to have a screwed up back.
It was an aftermarket hub and he did say it had a lifetime warranty but he didn't remember the brand off hand. I don't even know for sure if it has ABS or not. Hmmmm, I guess I should know that.
ANyway, thanks Coby7 for the reply.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If it didn't have abs, the cheapest I can get from local suppliers (napa, carquest, etc.) Is $96 + tax. So that's really not that bad at all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The drivers side bearing was going out on my 2009 Cobalt. I would have done it myself, but my back was acting up and I didn't have the time to do it. So I took it to a local garage and the guy replaced it for $230.00. I am assuming I paid about $180 in labor. Does that sound reasonable? I don't think it would even have taken me an hour to do it myself.
What say you?
How many miles are on your Cobalt?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I always get them from Prime choice free shipping 4 studs no ABS for my 07.
2 NEW PREMIUM FRONT WHEEL HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY UNITS PAIR/SET FOR LEFT AND RIGHT
Part #: HB613207PR
Your Price:$83.41 a pair

My 2010 5 stud ABS free shipping.

2 NEW PREMIUM FRONT WHEEL HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY UNITS PAIR/SET FOR LEFT AND RIGHT
Part #: HB613208PR
Your Price:$92.85 a pair

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles are on your Cobalt?
162,000 miles and counting.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

If the car has 4 lug bolts instead of 5, then does that mean no ABS?

·
Registered
168 Posts
162,000 miles and counting.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Oh wow! Just curious, mines the same year, but 120,000 fewer miles!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, my daughter has an '07 with just over 150,000 and that one needed a wheel bearing about a year ago. Actually, the one that was replaced went bad about two months after being replaced so they put a new one on free of charge.
Good little cars. No real problems with them so far. Just normal stuff and the usually shake rattle and roll with any vehicle over 150,000 miles. No real oil burning issues either.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If the car has 4 lug bolts instead of 5, then does that mean no ABS?
No, you can have 4 lug with or without ABS wheel speed sensors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, ok, that means I have to crawl under there if I want to find out.
Yah, maybe next week.:)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or you can check under the hood for the ABS pump, it will be at the bottom to driver's side of the radiator with 5 brake lines going into it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.