Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2007 Cobalt LS started having some pulsating of the front brakes at about 7000 miles. I drove it the other day, when it finally turned 10,000 miles, and found the pulsating much worse. I ordered a set of rotors on Ebay for $47.00 shipped and a set of ceramic pads for $25.00 shipped. Had them put on today and now the Cobalt's brakes are as smooth as butter.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you don't want them to warp again make sure you torque your lug nuts evenly. Don't trust those torque bars for air ratchets.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The Cobalts, G5s, and HHRs rotors were prone to warpage anyway. but proper lug torque is key to not warp any aftermarket rotors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I get my rotors from Autozone for $40 with a two year warranty. I seem to go through rotors about a pair a year. I have a 2006 LS sedan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had it covered on a Grand AM GT I had, a Sunfire, and all of my Mustangs...

As along as you are within the 3 year 36,000 they cover it.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I burn thru pads and rotors! lmao! Finally got a set of rotors I like from r1 concepts, but I am kinda dissapointed with my hawk hps pads. Was expecting more from them...

I forget what the company is called but they make those 'green stuff' 'yellow stuff' and 'red stuff' pads, I think I'm gonna try some of their stuff out next...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The best pads I found especially if you have alloy wheels are "Adaptive One". The outside pad is different from inside to minimize that black dust. They are a bit pricey (75$) but well worth the money. And like the name suggest they adapt to your way of driving. If you're an aggressive driver and brake hard often the pads get sticky and vice-versa.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Also these pads come with new stainless steel guide clips.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you live in an area where they apply road salt in the winter don't purchase drilled rotors because they will get very noisy has rust makes the outside of the holes swell.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
maybe not if he's got the manual trans.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or if he doesn't use his brakes. :)