Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.....

After I've had quite a few problems with my car seemingly not being able to keep an alignment, my dealership has decided that they should replace my 2007 Cobalt's steering column. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they put it up on the alignment rack. Everything is right on the button spec-wise, but my steering wheel still remains crooked to the left. The steering column is on back order and they'll install the new one under warranty for me (along with another alignment) once the part comes in. I've also been experiencing a minor vibration in the wheel at highway speeds, and the service advisor told me that the vibration very well could be attributed to the faulty steering column as well. I'd like to know if any of the experts here think that has a good chance of solving this several-month-long saga for me.

Any input would help. Thanks :cool:

- Bugs Bunny

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stock rims and tires? or aftermarket? I know when i got my rims and tires put on my wheel was some what off and a little vibration, so i changed my wheel set up and it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Your wheel and tire set-up could be the main cause. Is it factory, arethe wheels balanced properly, are they the right size for the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, everything is still stock - I haven't replaced anything. I'm assuming that the wheels are balanced properly because one dealer (who said there was nothing at all wrong with my car) said that they were. Since there obviously was something wrong, I decided to take it to the dealer that I actually got my car it (which isn't all too close to my house). I told them about the wheel being off and the vibration and I brought up that they were possibly out of balance. They looked over everything and said that they would order me a new steering column and that should solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.