Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to decide on what to replace the factory 6x9s with and so far my option seem to be rather limited if I go by what Crutchfield says will fit in the rear deck (even more so because Crutchfield Canada carries maybe 1/4 of what they do in their American store).

Any suggestions for a decent 3-way speaker that would not be amplified (or at least not now? They would be running off a mid-range Pioneer deck for now.

·
Registered
618 Posts
JL Audio, Pioneer or Kenwood are your best bets....look at sonicelectronics.com they have loads of options you can even use an adapter to swap the 6*9 to 6 1/2 so you get a crisper sound....i have the upgraded pioneer system in mine and im going to replace it all with component JL or Pioneer one day when I can afford it lol.....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Go with JL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input, I think I will go with some 6 1/2" Kenwoods once my tax rebate rolls in.

·
Registered
618 Posts
you should focus on the front door speakers more then the rear the rear are just for "fill"
stick with kenwoods for the price they are great

·
Registered
96 Posts
On my opinion get really good front 6.5s much better if you add components... see with the rear rack it covers a lil bit of the sound.... Whatever you do make sure you dynomat the rear rack where the speakers go

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i would go with pioneer pesonally, best bang for your buck. And like others stated, dont worry to much about the rears. Most peple get a step down in rears and and step u in front because the rear isnt as important.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.