Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Inner CV Joint is clicking and I purchased a new one with: DriveTech GM2090 CV Drive Axle

This is for a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS.

I have a Haynes manual and it states to only take off the tie rod and connection from sway bar arm to link. For those of you who did this is this all you needed to do? Some show disconnecting the ball joint too. Also did you guys get a new nylon locking nut? Last time I just used some blue loctie and a locking washer (for added protection) but thinking of ordering a new nylon nut.

What size is the nut to take off on the wheel hub?

How did you guys lubricate the connection points? The book recommends multipurpose grease.

I am doing the passenger side, will a lot of transmission fluid come pouring out? If so what type of transmission fluid is used for replacement, also about how much will come out (if any).

The book also mentions replacing the driveaxle set-ring, the c-ring.. I can't seem to find this part easily. Any recommendations on where to get it? I am not sure if the part will come with it as it never specified. Did you guys replace this? If so, where did you get it from?

Also is an alignment necessary after this? I have already had one done when I replaced the suspension on this thing.. so I wouldn't think this would cause to move anything out of alignment as long as I don't disconnect the strut.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.