Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing the oil pressure sensor because I found through this forum (thanks, Koby!) and a friend that works on the trucks in our fleet, that this may be where the oil is leaking from. Im replacing it regardless, and I have the old one out, ill send a few pics and let me know if it looks like its leaking . . . Its definitely covered in stuff, and there was a little oil on the rubber gasket when i disconnected the wire.

Hopefully these go through ok . . . thanks ...

Ok I cant figure out how to insert pictures as attachments here . . .

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I replaced it, Still don't know how to upload pictures of it, Lol. It was pretty snug but not too bad. I have bigger hands/forearms, so tight places usually don't agree with me. I snaked my way through and it went well :) I tightened it to where it was pretty snug, I could turn it more if I wanted to but it was stressed not to make it too tight . . . I would compare it to how I tighten spark plugs, its in there but I didn't strain to tighten it.

Whether the one leaks or not, a new one is in there now . . . I hope thats where the leak comes from.

Anyone tell me how to upload the pics?

Thanks again :)

joe

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I can see a little "clean" oil around the green gasket in the first picture, Hopefully that came from the engine, I doubt its from spillage since the last time I had oil changed was at the shop where they use a nozzle and pump it in directly . . there was a littl oil around the plug in in the last pic, I'm not sure how much is from outside or what came from the sensor itself.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not leaking like a basket but definitely leaking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know . . .

There was some oil under it right after I changed the parts out . . . so I pooped a little . . . but i think it just seeped out of the hole between taking the old part out and putting the new part in, there were several minutes in between. Ive since wiped iol off bottom of engine and placed cardboard under it wile letting it sit in my driveway . . . dry as a bone . . . I even sat in it and revved up a few times. That may have fixed me leak!

Thanks again, you guys are boss! :)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I didnt wait very long after I got home to change it, so maybe all the oil hadnt settled down below the sensor . . . is how i think the oil go ton the driveway . . .

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Keep an eye on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.