Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on replacing the cloth thats around the pull handle on the door is this hard 2 do or will i have 2 take it some wheres 2 get it done..its gray and it gets soo dirty from work cuz i work in a filthy place and i can never get it clean..just wanna replace it with a gray vinyl something easy 2 clean

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
its not too hard to actually do the resurfacing, just to get the insert to stay in place after its done...i trashed a set of door trying.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Do a search. XFE did a DIY on this. I believe he replaced his with black material that looked like leather (or maybe it WAS leather). it's really not hard. If you can take the door panel off you can change the insert. And I agree, I have the light/tan interior and they get dirty real fast. Wanna do all my material in black leather instead. That will be another job to add to the list...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think his diy has something about the door panel inserts in the title. theres only a few pages so its not too much to find it in if your search doesnt come up with anything.

I replaced my exterior door handle this past weekend which requires taking the door panel off. Its pretty simple and doesnt require too much in terms of tools or previous experience. Not that you shouldnt be careful regardless. As said above, find that diy and youll be all set. Ill be doing that within the next month as well.

I dont want leather so im trying to find a suitable replacement in black

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
After seeing some of the DIYs for that, I think I will just pay an upholstery shop to do mine.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I want to do this as well, might just paint my fabric black though, much easier.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
After seeing some of the DIYs for that, I think I will just pay an upholstery shop to do mine.

me too i just wish i knew of a shop who will disasemble it and put it all back together for me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I want to do this as well, might just paint my fabric black though, much easier.
if you just paint he fabric black it will fade, guaranteed...i found out the hard way, and i used upholstery paint.

·
Registered
674 Posts
you guys got to find the Dye, it is a true dye, made for auto upholstery. My uncle used it in his 91 ford ranger "hot rod" he dyed the interior in black and red, never faded, but the stuff he got, he got through the dealer's body shop connections (he works at a ford dealer).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.