Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i saw it before, maybe before the crash? anyone still have it or could post one up? trying to paint my this weekend.

·
Registered
257 Posts
sorry i didnt do a DIY but i did gut the interior to paint it...

let me know if you need help taking certain parts off....the main pain in the ass is the seat belt bolts...gm used thread lock and they're a ***** to take off..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aint trying to go that far, not yet anyway. Just looking to get the interior trim around the radio and the window switch.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, can solve that nugz, just gotta post the DIY here after someone finds it. I remember seeing it on the old site before the crash. Guess no one has it. Duff if you can tell me how to just take em out that'd be fine. pictures would help but just knowing how to get em out without breakin something is what im going for. Going to buy the paint and what not today.

·
Registered
257 Posts
not to get off topic or anything but why are you in the dog house w/ admin? or did you just finally get tired of locking threads w/ mis information on them

·
Registered
561 Posts
There isnt a beef or anything between myself and Admin. I chose to give up my mod position cause my views are very different when it comes to the abilities that a mod should have. Brian is a great guy that runs a great site with great people. It was just a personal decision of mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
it's really not that hard just firmly pull on the pieces and they'll eventually pop out. just dont jerk!!

Nugz, i see where your coming from. this being the lowest populations cobalt site i've seen so far. i can just imagine.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just curious...Actually there is another Cobalt forum that I am a member of that has a lower population. It just started last year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok imma get cobaltimore to help me take it all out. One question on the paint. Do i need to sand and use primer? or could i just get some clear coat and paint made for plastic? I know more then a few people here have done their interiors. Just courious not really a painting person.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
/bump

Anyone know? Primer or just paint for plastic and clear coat?

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I do mine I'll be bleaching the panels clean and then just using the paint for plastic...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to a local auto paint place called finishmasters near me today. They said to get a good even smooth primer would be a good choice. Sometimes cuz of the plastic the paint can run. So im going primer route. Going to be posting a DYI when im done doing the entire thing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
As far as removing the panels though. It's all "clippy thingys" that pop right out correct? I haven't really put much force into it but just using bare hands I haven't been able to get anything off yet...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.