Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my led tails from ebay are coming today. I wanna hook them up with the resistors i have but my question is that im going to install them and leave them in till sunday bc im getting them tinted. I was wondering if i leave the resistor hooked up and hook up the stock outer tail light if i will have any problems. Therefore when i get my lights back i can just plug Them back in and not have to rewire the resistors

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Are you using a resistor to eliminate the rapid firing of the blinkers due to the LED's? Most of hte new LED assemblies have that buiilt in already and you dont need a resistor, they are just plug and play. I got some back in January and they work fine, normal flashing sequence, but I do have a sedan, dont know how the coupe LED tails are wired.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh so i may not even need the resistors. I was told you do

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already bought the resistors and have them. My buddy bought a set of the same lights and needed resistors

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His was a 07 and he got the smoked ones possibly from a diff seller

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Yea you get the rapid fire or "machine gun" blinking because the flasher thinks one bulb is burnt out and that is a warning to the driver that pays attention that they need to check the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
No its just annoying. The rapid fire of the lights was designed to inform people that they had a bulb burnt out, the flasher relay sensed a reduction in current draw and made the side with the burnt out bulb to flash quicker as a warning to the driver. If you see someone with a rapid fire blinker, check the other end and that signal will not be working. No harm with this occurance, I have been riding my bike for 5 years with LED's up front and a rapid fire flasher.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the lights. Doesnt have resistors so im good. Havent test fitted yet. I stil have to get them tinted before there fully installed

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I had to buy resistors for my tails.

I'm not sure what would happen if you run the resistors with regular tails lol.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Started with a r on ebay. But it said k2 motorsports on the ups tracking email. I only paid 72 bx i had a ebay giftcard

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Yea you get the rapid fire or "machine gun" blinking because the flasher thinks one bulb is burnt out and that is a warning to the driver that pays attention that they need to check the bulbs.

Im just going to test them and make sure they work. Than get em tinted and fully install with the resistors

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Im just going to test them and make sure they work. Than get em tinted and fully install with the resistors

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup. Im waiting for my third brake light cover too sinc im geting that tinted too. Im geting it profes done. Not nightshade i believe its black and clear mixed? Im not sure their process. But its pretty cheap. I have to go there and talk to them. Im getting them dark but fully visible bc im
Not getting pulled over for dark tails

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.