Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was driving on I-95 S coming from Springfeild, VA and this kid I've known for about 5 months is sitting shotgun cus he called it before my friend who I've know for 6 years. BIG MISTAKE. He thought it would be funny to throw my car into reverse going 80mph with cars around us including a cop 2 cars behind me. Cop stopped me and I explained to him what happened, so the cop drove away. I was like WTF!!! Car stalled for a good 20 minutes before I could get it running again. Needless to say I left his ass on the side of the road. I-95 of all roads.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's why I didnt want the cop to leave, I wanted to press charges but the cop was like "I dont think he meant to do it" I was like how can someone accidentally switch gears who shouldn't even be touching the gearshift. I HATE COPS It was funny as hell how I left him there though. I told him to watch the exhaust to see if smoke was coming out cus I said something smelled like burning rubber (which was obviously my tires) And the car started up right as he got behind my car and I floored it out of there and I havent heard from him since. No apology will fix this

·
Registered
464 Posts
Good, glad you left him on the side of the road. I'd give him the bill for getting the transmission looked at to. I did that by accident in my trans am (safety stop pin wasn't it, i hit the shifter by accident and it went into reverse) I was doing around 50mph at the time. the car locked up, fish tailed, i put it back into drive and it kept going like nothing happend lol. Damn those old cars take a beating!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
there was a thread about this same exact thing a few months ago. i'm pretty sure the guys car was perfectly fine because with all the new electronics in cars theyre just about dummy proof. i'm not 100% but i think thats a kind of safety feature where the if that happens the tranny just kills the car and puts it in neutral.

edit-
but i'd still beat his ass

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
should've stepped on it when he was 75% out the door...lol
HAHA that made my day. Just got a text from him in school and he said he's pressing charges against me for leaving him there. Theres no doubt on who will win that case. I'm about to run into a little money :) lol

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That's why I didnt want the cop to leave, I wanted to press charges but the cop was like "I dont think he meant to do it" I was like how can someone accidentally switch gears who shouldn't even be touching the gearshift. I HATE COPS It was funny as hell how I left him there though. I told him to watch the exhaust to see if smoke was coming out cus I said something smelled like burning rubber (which was obviously my tires) And the car started up right as he got behind my car and I floored it out of there and I havent heard from him since. No apology will fix this

That's why I didnt want the cop to leave, I wanted to press charges but the cop was like "I dont think he meant to do it" I was like how can someone accidentally switch gears who shouldn't even be touching the gearshift. I HATE COPS... Hmmmmm.....can't decide? Take your medicine and pick your "friends" better...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok, so I was driving on I-95 S coming from Springfeild, VA and this kid I've known for about 5 months is sitting shotgun cus he called it before my friend who I've know for 6 years. BIG MISTAKE. He thought it would be funny to throw my car into reverse going 80mph with cars around us including a cop 2 cars behind me. Cop stopped me and I explained to him what happened, so the cop drove away. I was like WTF!!! Car stalled for a good 20 minutes before I could get it running again. Needless to say I left his ass on the side of the road. I-95 of all roads.
hell yea. **** him thats ****ing stupid. you both could have died.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
HAHA that made my day. Just got a text from him in school and he said he's pressing charges against me for leaving him there. Theres no doubt on who will win that case. I'm about to run into a little money :) lol
what a tool, he cannot press charges. if you felt he was a danger to your life and the life of your friend you have every right to boot him from YOUR car. People are so 'effing stupid this day in age.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How can a passenger put a moving car into reverse "accidentally"? Theirs hands should be no where near the gear shift! And while I have no issue with cops, I do find it very annoying that so many will walk away from you when you feel you actually need them.

My sister used to push my Saturn into neutral a lot, and reverse on occasion while at a light. I quit taking her places years ago over that bs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.