Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided that im going to start on my own to retrofit my stock headlights, just due to the fact I dont want to have 3 sets of headlights lol the only problem with my stock headlights are there peeling but shouldnt be a problem il wet sand em and buff it out by hand and clear coat em but other then that id like to know what all I need to retrofit my lights and that includes me wanting ccfls and 8000k hids also and were could I get all of these items.

Thanks

And some tips and tricks would be nice please.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Or do you think I should just buy the whole thing for 675 from hidwerks.com?

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Yea I think im gonna do it myself just due to the fact it looks kinda fun

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Retrofit Source is a good place to start. They now have LED halos that are very bright. Way brighter than CCFLs. Also, stick with 4,300k. 8,000k will be such a waste on a retrofit. Besides, you already get color at the cutoff from the projectors.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ok, either way i will be looking into some new headlights very soon. one of the only things im waiting on before i put my SS bumper on. my passenger headlight seal is bad and it makes my car look all sad like its crying.....

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

i guess thats why pretty much all of my pics are of the drivers side of my car....

·
Registered
79 Posts
haha aw well thats not cool! i like my headlights but i want some black ones to match the red and black theme of the car. plus i want those angled stripes whatever they are called. also looking into some awesome seat covers that arent those lose baggy things that rip when you sit in them! i found some for about $370 front and back nerosupreme, looks like the best bet.

but yea if i get his or find some locally, i will sell mine. and i will keep u in mind. probably wont ask much for them either. i paid about $150-ish for them on ebay

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I want some black ones too... but like i said i will be doing a retrofit probably over the spring or summer next year so sealed chrome headlights will be fine for now....
i got some coverking custom fit seat covers for $100 per row.. got them in less than a week of ordering them too:bigsmile:

anywho.... i think we hijacked this thread enough...

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
winter headlights? thats a new one

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.