Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so tonight my girlfriend decided to buy a 2007 Volkswagen jetta, however when we got back to her house she decided she didnt like the car at all on top of finding several things wrong and deciding its more then she wanted to pay and really could afford, so can cars be returned or how would any of that work?

Thanks a ton for any help anyone could give.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Depends, was it a Used car lot of a manufacturer(Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc), or a we screw you used car lot, 38 percent interest, 30 minute/30 mile warranty place? may also depend on your state and local laws.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You should be good as long as the things that are wrong arent the standard female things like; the seats feel weird, it drives weird, I dont like the wheels, it doesnt have bluetooth, etc. Leave the money issue out, the dealer wont care.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Call a lawyer in the morning or do some searching on the net. There is an amount of time that you can return a "major purchase," like a car, BUT it varies from one state to another. You may want to get the facts before going back, or they will just tell you no.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If I'm not mistaken in GA, you've got 24 hours to make up your mind (not that that helps you, but just to show it is different state-to-state). But do not delay take care of this now...The dealer may also at least work with you to just trade it out for something else as well. VW ftL

·
Registered
254 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.