Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I picked up a center arm rest leather cover from eBay last week. I got it put on today. I added an inch of padding and glued it to the original rubber cover. I used my air staple gun and 1/4" staples to attach the leather to the underside of the armrest. I think it turned out pretty good!

These cloth seats stain so easily! I can't wait to reupholster them.

If you want one of these covers, the eBay seller offers them in a few color choices and thread options. Here's a link to their store. Honda Accord 2008-2012, Lexus RX 300 330 350 items in leatherinteriors store on eBay!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I really like it, will agree with the out of place though. Wonder how it'll hold up.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It will look quite in place once you do the seat like you say.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. It will blend nicer with the seats reupholstered. The car came from re factory with two tone (black/gray) interior. The piece I upholstered was already black it was just that rubber stuff. My car has two tone dash and door panels. The seats and lower trim is gray but the carpet is black. I'm looking at katzkin seats for it but I haven't decided if I want gray with black inserts or black with gray inserts. I'd like to do black with gray inserts but all my seat trim plastic is gray. I'd need to replace all those with black to make it look right. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Can't wait to see what it'll look like once all is said and done. If it was my car, I'd simply swap out the seats for some SS/TC Recaros, but that may be a bit too racy for some. Still, leather seating will add a bit of resale to your car I'm sure.
I like the TC seats a lot but the ones I've found for sale are $1k not including shipping. Also, I will be adding seat heaters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.