Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to order more and more parts for my car, but i am wondering if there is any way i can get my car to stop maxing out at 4500rpm's while on the highway at roughly 112mph. i am wondering if anyone can give me the link for a tune or if anyone knows a place were i can get a tune, i live in the Seattle, WA are.

Also i am moving to Germany here shortly and i would like to enjoy the autobahn at a decent speed with my cobalt.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
haha...he's hitting the speed limiter. that's lulzy. if you don't know anyone good at tuning, trifecta is the last resort.
112 limiter = 2.2L L61/LAP. Trifecta is pretty much his only viable option.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
How much is a trifecta tune? bc it only says dealer and is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you probably wont have too much fun in a base cobalt in Germany, and im guessing your a military boy, so its much cheaper to live on post and buy a german bmw...just sayin...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My Cobalt hit 120? Maybe the previous models were governed at a different speed?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I am starting to order more and more parts for my car, but i am wondering if there is any way i can get my car to stop maxing out at 4500rpm's while on the highway at roughly 112mph.

Also i am moving to Germany here shortly and i would like to enjoy the autobahn at a decent speed with my cobalt.
It's really going to suck when you finally get that car to Germany and blow the damn thing up a month later. Your car was not meant or built to run like that. You really need to get AT LEAST an SS/TC, or better yet get a sports car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i am in the Air Force. I am going to check out this tune your talking about, but i dont want to set it now more then roughly 120 or 130 mph. but while i am over there i will be living off base and making rouhgly 4k a month, so i will be buying more parts for my car and when i get back to the states it will be a track only vehicle or just my car i take out on a sunny day. i also got entire list of parts i want. so now i just gotta order and put it together in the next 3 years.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
all tires come with speed ratings definitely a good idea to know that rating because even though they are different than what came with the ride does not mean they are rated for higher speeds. I just would hate for someone to be enjoying the new found top speed(provided they do it properly haha) and have a tire blow out.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Leave the Cobalt here, buy a POS there from another service member and stock up on parts for when you get back to the states. European car laws are strict, plus the cost of modding a vehicle there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trifecta tune will change the shift points and line pressures in the tranny for more responiveness. I know because I had it done recently to my balt. What a difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.