Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Do you drive in or back into a parking spot?

• I always back into a parking spot when possible

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • I always drive into a parking spot

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • 50/50

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
If you back into a diagonal spot, you're technically driving the wrong way. At least down here, that's a good way to get a nice ticket.
Haven't been ticketed yet. Backing out into oncoming traffic is a risk I'd rather prefer avoiding where I can. Limited visibility and high speed is a dangerous mix.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
If someone put diagonal parking on a 40 mph street, then that's dumb as hell - but the only places I ever see it is in downtown areas where traffic barely is able to go the 25 mph speed limit.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
There's one at the corner of my street where I work. Busy intersection, lots of yellow light runners. Not a place I'd want to park lol

My car's rear visibility is particularly bad too. Tiny quarter windows, mile wide C pillar, presidential window tint. Dicey to back out from any angle.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
There's one at the corner of my street where I work. Busy intersection, lots of yellow light runners. Not a place I'd want to park lol

My car's rear visibility is particularly bad too. Tiny quarter windows, mile wide C pillar, presidential window tint. Dicey to back out from any angle.
Get yourself a Double-DIN head unit and a backup-camera license plate frame. :blink1:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I think the main reason people do it in Hawaii so much is that our parking lots are a lot smaller. Narrow parking spots and narrow parking lanes make it tough and dangerous to park nose first. Not to mention everyone seems to like big trucks here lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
At work I usually back in. In parking lots I try to drive through the space so I can just drive out. Or I just drive in but then I have to back out. I'm bad at parallel parking so it's good that there's nowhere I really have to do it. I always drive forward into the driveway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I prefer to back in as I know who is behind (and in front) when I pull up, but not always the case when I back out

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're probably at the worst risk because you are never looking and neither is anybody else who parks there. At the mall, a lady cut across two rows of empty parking spots because nobody was parked there to get closest to the entrance not knowing I was driving down that row hidden by a few random cars. She drove across the empty spots to my row cutting me off and sees someone even closer (lazy fuq) pulling out and backs up to get the angle to pull into the spot right in front of me and gave me a nice size trailer ball hitch dent in my front bumper. 3mnth old 06 Chevy Cobalt.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts