·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

MFG Part #: 4.9938
MSRP: $338.99
Application: 2005+ Chevy Cobalt

Description:
Created for the extreme enthusiast, who wants that race-car attitude, Eibach Sportline springs are designed for maximum street performance - with the lowest possible drop. Eibach's Sportline springs achieve legendary handling by aggressively lowering the vehicle's center of gravity with precision-engineered spring rates. The result is a car that handles as well as it looks. High Performance Handling, Lower Center Of Gravity, Excellent Ride Quality.

The sportline offers a 2.0 in front and 2.5 in rear drop LS/LT
1.0 in front and 1.3 in rear drop SS models

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pros: fantastic look/performance, million mile warranty, trusted/reputable company.

cons: cost more than most other lowering springs, may be to stiff for daily driving for some, rumored to "blow" stock struts and shocks.

for me it was hard to find any cons with this product. ive heard people complain about how stiff they are. but IMO thats not the case. and the roads in the Portland area can be very rough. i actually like the ride more than stock. for those with wider than stock tires, the amount of "bumps" you feel is about the same with the switch to wider tires.
i absolutely love these springs, well worth the extra money to me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
PROS: Warranty and reputable brand.

CONS: Cost

The only fault I find in them is the cost. I know they go for over $220 plus shipping (I got lucky and found some for about $200 shipped. I have had them on my car for nearly a year now...07 LS with FE1 struts and shocks.

I have to say that even with the stock steelies and Conti's these are pretty nice handling. I upgraded to a 205/60 15 tire and now that I can grip the road, I can tell you I am able to push the car through turns better than before (able to really see what is possible with the springs). The ride isn't harsh at all...a little firmer than stock springs, but to me, it rides very nice. I would recommend getting FE5 SS/SC or SS/TC struts/shocks or aftermarket if you can afford it. They should handle like a dream when I upgrade my struts and shocks. I do think they are finally pushing my struts/shocks to the end of their life, but oh well...10k miles isn't bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.