Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this problem when driving if i stay under 30 its ok but if i go over that or down a hill i get this really loud revving coming from the front end i dont even have to have my foot on gas can anyone help i dont have the money right now to take it in.

please any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I don't understand your problem from your description. Auto manual? 2.0, 2.2, 2.4?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a normal revving the car was very queit a month or two ago and now its very loud the only thing that i know for sure it needs is oil change but that wouldn't make it sound 10 times as loud in a couple of months

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

its an auto matic

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

its my moms car not mine shes just to stubborn to ask for help so i dont know much but i can find out

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Does it get quieter or louder if you turn in a certain direction? Does it still make the sound if your foot is on the gas?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
smp1980,

While I'm unfortunately limited in my ability to access troubleshooting resources, it looks like you've got some very knowledgeable members already starting to dig in a bit. If you have any questions about warranty or recall information, or were planning on visiting a dealership, please let me know as I'm happy to help in these ways!

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your tranny is probably stucked in a low gear, happened to my old Accord once, a sensor was bad and it sent the car into limp mode. Or maybe you dont have it on "D"? Just a suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.