Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys count as "riced out" I have under lighting and a few decals and today these hicks rolled up next to my car was was like "Whats up ricer?"

I just ignored them as the attempted to race me.. as if i was going to as they pass by i notice that their truck is a Toyota. We stop at the next light and he is like " Why dont you wanna race?" And i told him Only because my car is more american than you truck will ever be. Then he said " Do you put rice in that thing?" and i said so Its a Chevy it only takes gasoline. and then they flipped me the bird and drove off.

I what want to know what everyone think is riced out

·
Registered
51 Posts
there is a ricer thread on here somewhere, if your car doesnt have a giant aluminum spoiler or a body kit you didnt paint then i think your fine :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
first of all our cars can never be considered fully rice bc they are american. unlike these hondas and toyotas that are made 100% in japan. second of all they seem very ignorant bc they themselves are driving a rice car. i dont understand buying a foreign truck. trucks were created for americans by americans stupid hicks. anyways i can go on for hours about this topic. but considered ricey to me is a huge spoiler bigger than the car and a wide set body kit with stock rims to me is ricey as well as only having 3 rims while missing the others lol. but yea dont worry about it they're the ones who have to drive in their ricey truck

·
Registered
867 Posts
you shouldnt worry too much about it
like you said your car is more american than their truck ftw
i think anything rice would just be the fact that its a foreign car or asian made which most are called rice in the first place,
dont know if im makin sense, im half dead from writing this paper for school lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
When will people learn that rice isn't associated with the country of origin of the vehicle? Those guys sound like douchebags, theres tons of ricers in my school, sure I'll laugh every time I pass their cars in the lot, but throwing birds and talking shit for no reason? **** that...

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Not to mention they wanted to race... = ricer on their part

·
Registered
872 Posts
first of all our cars can never be considered fully rice bc they are american. unlike these hondas and toyotas that are made 100% in japan. second of all they seem very ignorant bc they themselves are driving a rice car. i dont understand buying a foreign truck.
actually the toyota trucks are made in the US in San Antonio Texas. and the toyota tacoma and tundra arent even produced in any other country except here, so they're actually 100% american regardless of being a toyota.

I what want to know what everyone think is riced out
big body kits
wings
unnecessary lighting. a SMALL amount is ok, but after that it just looks tacky.
too big/too small rims
bright color paint (neon type paint) on the car, wheels in particular
fake gauges
stupid stickers
coffee can exhaust (unless its well hidden or flows well)

the biggest thing though that makes u a ricer is attitude. u could have the nicest car in the world and still be a ricer. being a ricer is all about how u act and treat other car enthusiasts.

i have seen some riced out cobalts...
x2...

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
my KNIGHT is ricey? not cool man, and you can't see any of my aftermarket lights, I have underglow, removed the fog lights and am putting in OEM ones, and I have hideway strobes and wig'wags, i think the fog machine is the biggest rice though

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
first of all our cars can never be considered fully rice bc they are american. unlike these hondas and toyotas that are made 100% in japan. second of all they seem very ignorant bc they themselves are driving a rice car. i dont understand buying a foreign truck. trucks were created for americans by americans stupid hicks. anyways i can go on for hours about this topic. but considered ricey to me is a huge spoiler bigger than the car and a wide set body kit with stock rims to me is ricey as well as only having 3 rims while missing the others lol. but yea dont worry about it they're the ones who have to drive in their ricey truck
comments like this are made ricers. not trying to flame anyone but saying things like any japanese car is a ricer is ignorant. the biggest ricers ive seen were a cavalier and an srt-4 so anyone can be a ricer. that being said, ugly huge decals, fake spinners, ugly body kit, most neon paint... etc. I woudn't call lights rice but thats just me

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Ok first I see underglow and stickers on trucks all the time so what are they considered? and im sick of people saying that toyotas are made in america blah blah blah its still foreign! f foreign, I just had to get that off my chest I would of told that guy to take that piece to the dealership his throttle might drop. lol

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
rice was first brought up way back in the day before many of yous was born and it was aimed at foreign motorcycles and such. And by what some consider rice it would seem that no one should do anything to their car. A bodykit is not rice, if it fits the car I have no problems with kits, a spoiler is not rice really either but when you put a big one on a car that does not do road racing(and no, I am not talking public roads) than yea. Another thing, just cause you are FWD does not mean you wont benefit from a spoiler made for downforce, again this goes for the road racing cars or people who drive their cars at the limit in some way, most of the cars on the streets with these I can consider rice cause i am sure they do not road race as they can barely drive on the street. Bright and Loud paint is not rice, no paint is. Really though, its all how you do the car, if you combine many of these "ricer" enhancements in a non functional way, have stickers for stuff you do not have or make your car look fast when it isn't than you can pass the rice statement on it. But I have seen cars with these enhancements that look good and have the power to back up the look. Unless you are going for looks and not performance than that is fine and not rice unless you are talking crap and running around like you do have a fast car.

Basically, attitude of the owner and whether or not they do the car right.

·
Registered
82 Posts
this should be moved to off topic
forum police man. calm the hell down and mind ur own business. and by the way your car is rice. get those shitty chrome fake vents off the side and retarded 1up emblems and knight emblem off the back.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.