Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Not that I know of. I really havent seen anything ricey yet. Now if I see some in person and they are hiding some things from everyone because they know we will think it is ricey then I will change my mind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, as a new comer to the forum and the Cobalt - I think the Cobalt itself is a "ricey" vehicle. I mean, its not a V8! Its not rear wheel drive, and the exhausts for it sound like fart cans. NOW, I am not saying I dont like that, I am just saying that it isnt my Silverado's engine and drive train. I come from a V8, no replacement for displacement mentality. But I have decided to give this 4 cylinder thing a try. Besides, our bonestock 2.2 is a very impressive and fun to drive car. But I guess everyone kinda has their own idea of "ricey" in mind.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Well, as a new comer to the forum and the Cobalt - I think the Cobalt itself is a "ricey" vehicle. I mean, its not a V8! Its not rear wheel drive, and the exhausts for it sound like fart cans. NOW, I am not saying I dont like that, I am just saying that it isnt my Silverado's engine and drive train. I come from a V8, no replacement for displacement mentality. But I have decided to give this 4 cylinder thing a try. Besides, our bonestock 2.2 is a very impressive and fun to drive car. But I guess everyone kinda has their own idea of "ricey" in mind.

THE MEANING OF A RICER!!!!!

Any teenager or young adult who takes a japaneese import car, ususally a Honda, and adds relitivly cheap aftermarket parts that have no effect on engine performance. Such parts are aftermarket exhaust, intakes, wings, lights, and stickers. Most commonly added are NOS and VTEC Sitckers. When the hood is lifted however the engine isn't a VTEC and there is no Nitrous Oxide system Installed.

When challenged to a race ricers will almost always and laugh and drive away with there exhaust making you deaf for a tempary amount of time. On occasion a ricer will make the mistake of pulling up with the Rap blaring and ask a guy in a small low powered car to "rice" becasue they can't say race. The person will almost always decline the "rice" but if they accecpt they will win because the ricer drives his car in first gear only becasue it is louder than the higher gears.

·
Registered
14 Posts

THE MEANING OF A RICER!!!!!

Any teenager or young adult who takes a japaneese import car, ususally a Honda, and adds relitivly cheap aftermarket parts that have no effect on engine performance. Such parts are aftermarket exhaust, intakes, wings, lights, and stickers. Most commonly added are NOS and VTEC Sitckers. When the hood is lifted however the engine isn't a VTEC and there is no Nitrous Oxide system Installed.

When challenged to a race ricers will almost always and laugh and drive away with there exhaust making you deaf for a tempary amount of time. On occasion a ricer will make the mistake of pulling up with the Rap blaring and ask a guy in a small low powered car to "rice" becasue they can't say race. The person will almost always decline the "rice" but if they accecpt they will win because the ricer drives his car in first gear only becasue it is louder than the higher gears.
Well, by that definition, I agree with the first post!!

ROFLMFAO ^^^^^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.