Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing out all four brakes the other day, my right rear drum makes a noise that sounds like the shoe is hitting some part of the drum while I am braking. I have checked that everything is fitting properly and I have even returned and replaced the new drum I had put on thinking that it was manufactured incorrectly. I've lubed the adjuster and tried several different settings to see if that would fix the problem, no dice. I've exhausted everything I know about drums, any ideas on what this could be?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Go in an empty parking lot drive in reverse and press the brake hard several times, this should seat them right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to say this fixed my problem, unfortunately though it hasn't. I tried this several times and it doesn't seem to have worked as I am still getting the noise from that side. I'm clueless as everything is as it should be; the only two things I haven't replaced are the adjusters and the brake cylinders (which do need to be replaced as I have read on this forum that the squealing noise is caused by a leaky cylinder)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll just replace the adjuster and the cylinder, make everything brand new and then try it again. After that if it still shakes, I'm going to give up on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem!

Hi Munchkin412,

I think I have the same issue! Have you resolve your noise issue!? If so please share what the cause and fix was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.