Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this goes here because it's not the speaker itself... if not, please move it.

So for the longest time, I thought my front passenger speaker was blown. I saved up, switched them all with alpines type S. Turns out, it wasn't the speaker. Even after the switch, that same speaker won't give any sound. If I change the balance only to that speaker and crank it, I get a little static, but that's about it.

Any idea if the problem is in the wiring, or the actual sound system?

·
Registered
83 Posts
could be both. The most common cause of that is a improper connection of the wires for that speaker. I would check both sides of the wires connection and ensure they are connected properly. If everything is connected properly, then your looking at the more serious problem of the head unit malfuncioning or the speaker.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
could be both. The most common cause of that is a improper connection of the wires for that speaker. I would check both sides of the wires connection and ensure they are connected properly. If everything is connected properly, then your looking at the more serious problem of the head unit malfuncioning or the speaker.
good advice^

also check the wiring at the back of the headunit. there are little pins that are on the back side of the wiring harness, one of them could have came loose.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet thanks, I'll check that out asap.

·
Say What again!
6,250 Posts
Definitely not the speaker, since you swapped it and it did the same thing. I'd be willing to think wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.