Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hit a pot hole and bent my back rim pretty bad. I currently have stock rims with hubcaps over them since my car is just the basic model. However, since this rim is bent beyond repair, I will have to invest in a new one. Since its tax time I figured, why not just get all new rims and tires and do away with the rusty rims I have and the cheap plastic hubcaps!
What I was wondering is what size rims I will need for my car. I have looked up rims online but most are 5 lug and mine are 4 lug. Does this make a difference? I am looking for black or black and silver.
thanks guys

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Yes it does make a difference you need a 4 lug, Id look at Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels they have lots of tires and you can filter them by brand/color also you can view them on your car to get a relatively good Idea of what they will look like! Sorry to hear about the rims! Out with the old in with the new though! Your car will look nice and spiffy after!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
You have to stick with 4 lug. There are tons of options out there. As far as rim size. you can run anything from 14" on up to 20" wheels with the correct tire size.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Depends on the tire size...can't be running 295's on a 7" rim.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Here is a link to our website with your stock size plugged in along with the optional sizes that fit your vehicle.

Wheel Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire Direct

You can click on the Interactive wheel system at the bottom of the page and choose a wheel to see what it looks like on your vehicle. Just pick the wheel brand at the bottom of the page.

Also click on tires and you can search the tires that fit and read customer reviews.

Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
20 bucks and its mine

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Got my 18s for 135 at discount. For year round wheels get something without a chrome lip. Chrome will pit in the winter because of salt. 15,16,17,18,19,and 20s will fit. 17 or 18 will look the best IMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.