Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
why 16s? jw. I reccomend 17 or 18s. ive got 17s and love mine. theres another brand of konigs that might go better with ur car if ur interested: Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

they match the orange good with the lip. thats the 16s and i think they have 17s/18s i just didnt check. but call them about a wheel/tire package and they give u good deals.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow those are actually really nice. i was debating with 16 and 17, do you have any pictures of your rims with ur car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but, hows the ride with lowered springs, bigger rims, and low profile tires?

and would the stock suspension be able to handle springs. Ive noticed alot of people are reccomending to get the SS thing(I cant remember the friken name) the thing under the strut, that is in the spring and holds the spring in place lol

·
Registered
709 Posts
but, hows the ride with lowered springs, bigger rims, and low profile tires?

and would the stock suspension be able to handle springs. Ive noticed alot of people are reccomending to get the SS thing(I cant remember the friken name) the thing under the strut, that is in the spring and holds the spring in place lol
Fe5 shocks & struts :p Yes, it is highly recommended to get those. They are pretty cheap (250$ on crateengine). So for about 500$ you would have a legit suspension set-up.

Bigger rims + low profile tire allow you to turn a 90° curve at 60 km/h without losing control (didn't try at higher than 60 km/h to be honest hahah). The tire is softer, so handle better than normal tire. Cons: if you drive like if you were in nascar, those tire will last you 2 summer or so. But to be honest, I bought mine at the beginning of the summer, raced once, I turn corner at normal speed, and my tire are like new right now. For sure you'll feel the bumps alot more, you gotta learn how to zigzag between potholes hahaha. IMO it worth the look, I didn't really bought new rims/tires for ''performance''.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ill be honest, I love the look of your car, just checked it out. the white interior is sex.

and 60hm/hr 90° turn, thats crazy. I used to drive a ford windstar before this (Van) haha a 20km/hr 90 turn would be a challenge.

and those are 18" on ur car? they look amazing, and i was worried about 17's looking too big. I think ill deff do that upgrade in the summer though. Have to pay off some school debt first :( and do you have sway bar or is it stock?

·
Registered
709 Posts
so ill be honest, I love the look of your car, just checked it out. the white interior is sex.

and 60hm/hr 90° turn, thats crazy. I used to drive a ford windstar before this (Van) haha a 20km/hr 90 turn would be a challenge.

and those are 18" on ur car? they look amazing, and i was worried about 17's looking too big. I think ill deff do that upgrade in the summer though. Have to pay off some school debt first :( and do you have sway bar or is it stock?
Well thanks alot man!

Yes, they are 18''. No sway bar.

Your best bet is to take your time, know what you want make your car ''your'' car. I love my car and wouldn't change a thing I've done to it. You just have to know what you'll work on first. I will never do ''engine thing'' on mine, except intake, because I find this useless for a daily driver. But, I expect to make it look like a showcar (even if it's a cobalt hahhaa). It takes time... And, hum, money :smile1:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats exacly it. if you get that sway bar youll be able to do it goin 70 :p i was actually doing about 90 off an exit ramp (one of the circle ones) going to work tonight

and yeah CAI is something i want also. so many things, so little money :( Im going to start with all of the functional things first then move to looks.

sofar have the stabalizer, spark plugs, brakes (change n paint) to do plus have to get a torque wrench and a few other tools. This is the first car that i actually OWN so i didnt have any of the basic tools. Got jacks and a lift the other week and did my first oil change. that dam bolt was a sob to get off, and i still cant get the radiator drain plug off.

·
Registered
709 Posts
yeah thats exacly it. if you get that sway bar youll be able to do it goin 70 :p i was actually doing about 90 off an exit ramp (one of the circle ones) going to work tonight

and yeah CAI is something i want also. so many things, so little money :( Im going to start with all of the functional things first then move to looks.

sofar have the stabalizer, spark plugs, brakes (change n paint) to do plus have to get a torque wrench and a few other tools. This is the first car that i actually OWN so i didnt have any of the basic tools. Got jacks and a lift the other week and did my first oil change. that dam bolt was a sob to get off, and i still cant get the radiator drain plug off.
On my side, the only think I had to replace on mine was link kit on both front side. This car is the second thing I love the most (first is gf :noworry:). You'll have fun modding yours. This is my third car, and it is the only one I've done mods on and I sometime drive it only for the pleasure of driving it. Lucky me, I met a friend 3 house away from mine that also got a Balt who own a garage. I can't wait for the summer to show to restart working on my balt :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my side, the only think I had to replace on mine was link kit on both front side. This car is the second thing I love the most (first is gf :noworry:). You'll have fun modding yours. This is my third car, and it is the only one I've done mods on and I sometime drive it only for the pleasure of driving it. Lucky me, I met a friend 3 house away from mine that also got a Balt who own a garage. I can't wait for the summer to show to restart working on my balt :p
Those links are notorious for going out arent they. my sister has a balt also and theyre bad. and yeah mines still fairly new to me but i still drive it just for the pleasure sometimes. usually after i fill up hehe

I cant wait to get the link kit and start on that. seams simple enough to change, and im pretty sure theres a how to on it also. just going to need to get the specs. and the haynes. and yes lucky you, one of my dads friends is a mechanic so ill see with him . would make everything much easier being able to stand under it

i cant wait for summer either. give it a nice wash, wax bar, clean, and it actually staying clean.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those links are notorious for going out arent they. my sister has a balt also and theyre bad. and yeah mines still fairly new to me but i still drive it just for the pleasure sometimes. usually after i fill up hehe

I cant wait to get the link kit and start on that. seams simple enough to change, and im pretty sure theres a how to on it also. just going to need to get the specs. and the haynes. and yes lucky you, one of my dads friends is a mechanic so ill see with him . would make everything much easier being able to stand under it

i cant wait for summer either. give it a nice wash, wax bar, clean, and it actually staying clean.
My friend have to change his link kit too on his balt. If I can assist him, I could do an How-To with pics. It would make your job alot easier :) On my side, I went with lifetime warranty link kit. I don't have to worry about them no more :bigsmile:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My friend have to change his link kit too on his balt. If I can assist him, I could do an How-To with pics. It would make your job alot easier :) On my side, I went with lifetime warranty link kit. I don't have to worry about them no more :bigsmile:
What manufacturer? ive been looking a bit, mostly on-line because automotive stores here take an arm an a leg.

i think there is a how to on that :D, i was going to do a how to on how to fix your gas gauge from going down south after a jump start lol. but then figured its an easy enough fix and i was actually just learning as I go. :unsure:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh God, been a long time :eek:h: I'll check my invoice tomorrow, the brand should be written on. They were 90-100$ each if I'm right.
hmm....buy a cheap set for 30 three to 4 times for life of car. or dish it all out right away.

:D

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

if i didnt love working on this car so much it would be an easy decision lol

one more question actually. any tips or tricks to get that dam radiator plug off. car is an 05 and i doubt its ever been changed. 100k KM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.