Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on rims fellers! I want to get some nice sporty rims for my cobalt. I guess aluminum would be the way to go cause they are lighter. What is some good advice? Also would rims affect my tire pressure gauges?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about how much does the rims and tires on the car weight? And Does it affect my tire pressure reading?

·
Registered
618 Posts
youll most likely lose weight.... steel rims are super heavy, so aluminum rims will shave weight off your car and you will have a new pressure with different size tires on there....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is there a sensor in the rim or what? What im asking is how does the car give the tire pressure reading?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
idk about the pressure reading, i dont have it. but i havent read about it affecting it, and my GUESS is it wouldnt. not sure about the weight of the stock wheels and tires either. if you have hub caps your wheels are heavy tho. most aftermarket wheels would be about the same if not lighter. i know the konig feathers are 17lbs at 17" before tires, and are fairly cheap.

·
Registered
618 Posts
most low level cars dont have a sensor you have to manually check the pressure with a gauge......is that what you are asking???

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think the tire pressure sensors are sat on the rim and then they wrap it with the tire. Then they put the air in. So you should be able to have it if you take it to a place to have it done

·
Registered
360 Posts
You could swap out your TPM's (Tire Pressure Monitors)
that are in your stock rims to your new ones
or purchase 4 new TPM's.
the TPM is a part of the valve stem.

I think this is standard equip on 09 and newer vehicles,
some older vehicles do also have them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.