Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I plan on getting rims but not exactly in the near future as I'm broke as a joke. Anyways, take a look at my ride and give me ideas to what color I should paint my stockers. I'm not quite sure what color to paint them so I'm up for suggestions, haters, and photo-shoppers! And if you can, tell me how much you thinka paint shop would charger me for it. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was really thinkin about doin all white but I think the brake dust would be HORRIBLE. I like the graphite gunmetal idea but I like the all black best i think. I wish I could get some stock SS rims in gunmetal, that'd be SWEET!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have you checked into powdercoating? I know a few people that've done that

·
Registered
224 Posts
You have good rims man, just paint them. Check out my rims...painted them black, im gonna end up putting a red ring around them where the silver is to give it a little different look.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Gunmetal would look best, but white would look OK.. When wheels are off, upgrade to CERAMIC pads. Brake dust will almost be non-existant. I have a set of good used oem G5 GT oem rims, if interested.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why not just save the money it would cost to have them painted and put it towards the new rims you plan on getting?

If your dead set on getting them painted in the meantime though, I'd go with either all black or black with a white lip.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the difference with the gt rims? I would just save up for rims but im inpatient as heck. lol any photo shoppers out there willing to do them in white/ black or white/black combo?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Whats the difference with the gt rims? I would just save up for rims but im inpatient as heck. lol any photo shoppers out there willing to do them in white/ black or white/black combo?
Ah I hear ya man, I've gotten close to saving up for rims like 3 times now. Each time I decided to buy something else. First it was subs, then a full exhaust system, and recently a set of coilovers lol. Oh well, I'll get them someday...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No kiddin man. That and money is TIGHT lately just lookin for fun stuff to keep me occupied. I dont want this car to be fast, I just want it to look and sound good. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.