Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of 4 lug 17" rims on craigs list and was wondering if they would fit on my car they say there universal fit but are there any specs that they need to be to fit?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
yep

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

post a link

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
message him and make sure you get the bolt pattern.

The price also seems a bit high...

The multiple bolt patterns are more than likely 4X114.3 and 4x100

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to look at them tomorrow what should i look for in the pattern?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Hell, if you gonna go look at them, just either measure them and compare to your cars bolt pattern.

Or, just take one of your wheels off while your there and slap one of those rims on to make sure they will fit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea haha thats what i was gana do but i just wanted to be sure i wasnt stepping into something that might go wrong.

so you say they have prob. 2 patterns? and the 4x100 should fit right?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If you decide to do a trial fit on your car first, be sure to use the front end to make sure the wheels dont interfere with any steering components or anything else important.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i checked the rims and tires out today and they are 17" DC rims and 205/40ZR17 Autoguard wheels.

I never heard of the brand Autogaurd so i looked it up and saw they run at about $99 a tire. Anyone heard of them?

I also put the rims up to mine and they are the same height because my stock 16" rims and tires=17" rims and low pro tires.

I didnt check the bolt patten but it seems similar to mine. how can i measure this?

I wana be sure everything is perfect before i buy them.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Also what is the offset on the stock rims?

And what offset should I have to avoid any rubbing?

Im not sure what it is on the rims but if i measure it will i know? how can i measure it?

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
like Xfe said take off your front tire real fast and put his on and turn the steering wheel to make sure everything works

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so i got them today and everything fits perfectly im planning to get them on tomorrow and get some pictures

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that there installed i have another question...my check tire pressure light turned on but i removed the stock tires with the the Tire Pressure Sensor.

Any way i can turn off the tire pressure light?

Pics coming soon

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Now that there installed i have another question...my check tire pressure light turned on but i removed the stock tires with the the Tire Pressure Sensor.

Any way i can turn off the tire pressure light?

Pics coming soon
Nope

You have to have sensors installed in those rims, or just deal with the light.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.