Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
just wanted to share some sadening news, had to put my dog down last sunday due to brain tumor. We did not want her to suffer. She was 14 years old, amazing dog, walked her off-leash everywhere with no problems, but all great things must end someday. It was emotional, especially since my aunt (who passed away a few years back) had given the dog to us as a puppy, her dog being the mother. Although it was sad to see her go, I knew she would be in a much better place. We do have another golden retreiver although not so bright. Here are some pics of my dog before she was put down;

I used to have some better pics, but I can't seem to find them. Those are what I could get of her on her last day.

On to some better news, my parents decided to bring home a little sister since my other dog was lonely. She was picked up 2 nights ago, my parents kind of surprised me with it. I knew they would get another one though :p She is only 11 weeks old;

So far she has been really good, pretty quiet, a few little accidents in the house but she is doing well. We will have her well trained in no time! my older dog (he is about 6) is still petrified of her though :p

Just wanted to share this with all of you dog owners or dog lovers on the site!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Our golden's got leukemia... It's tough. Cute puppy though!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwww, I love dogs.
I'm so sorry yall had to put her down. My dog, Ginger, is like that, she's the only one, out of my 6 dogs, that isnt tied up, i'd be so sad if anything happened to her.

but ur new puppy is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Sad to hear that, Ihate that position. I had to do same for a dog we had that had some weird form of a necrotyzing Pancreatic disease a few years back. Hurt like hell.
Hope everything gets better

·
Registered
931 Posts
im on the same page as u man, i lost my dalmation a few weeks back.. dam i miss her,

sry about your loss

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
:sad: this reminds me of my dog. he was a german sheppard/alaskan husky mix. he was the coolest thing ever and we saved him from the shelter the day he was going to be put down after he was about 1 year old. we had him for about 10 years and he developed leukemia and it got so bad it started to eat holes in his skull. :cry: shit was like the saddest part of my life man, and i've had grandma's pass away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.