Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think an RK hood would be kinda ricey on an LS? (assuming I get it painted before/when it goes on). I really like the look of that hood, but I'm not sure if my car would be a good match for it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it's definately one of the cleanest looking hoods. Imo, wait til you get more mods before doing a hood though

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You guys think an RK hood would be kinda ricey on an LS? (assuming I get it painted before/when it goes on). I really like the look of that hood, but I'm not sure if my car would be a good match for it.
What's with the "ricey"? If you like the hood that is all that matters!

That hood for the Cobalt, and the G5 hood too, has been out for a while and they look good, especially on coupes when painted the body color.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
What's with the "ricey"? If you like the hood that is all that matters!

That hood for the Cobalt, and the G5 hood too, has been out for a while and they look good, especially on coupes when painted the body color.
I think he just means because he doesn't have a ton of mods would it look out of place

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
eh, sometimes I see something I like and don't really see the big picture. to me it may be the coolest thing ever, but in a way, just because I like it, doesn't mean it looks good. lol

I think I am a little under modded for it, but I'm likely stopping performance wise after header/dp/tune anyway. so we'll see.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I think he just means because he doesn't have a ton of mods would it look out of place
exactly

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you have the lower mouldings to go with it, it won't look out of place. I like RK Sports kits... they're very conservative on their styling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own the hood but have it up for sale. It was not what I was looking for but I do have a couple of pics with it on I do believe

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Overall I think everyone agrees GET IT! I think it looks sick and the majority of people on the thread do too. Not ricey at all. Go for it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Total rice!!!!!! Here's why. I consider "rice" to be all the body kits, stickers, crappy aftermarket heavier than stock wheels, neons, lowered suspension (not improved suspension), giant fart can exhausts, and anything else that does not improve performance, but is supposed to appear as if it does.

My guess is that hood may save some weight (not ricer), but probably not. Also, the vent(s) needs to be designed to remove or release air from under the hood, not suck more air under the hood and under the car. So other than a potential weight savings I don't think that hood adds performance, it just adds looks.

So we arrive at my assessment that it is total rice.

Dog

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.