Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
wish I had 160 I live near syracuse. Bump for good sale.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
...the sedan and coupe front bumper dimensions are the same...so YES it will fit a LS/LT sedan or coupe...

also I met ELcobalt yeesterday, he may be interested as he said he loves this front lip. I'll tell him to check this out

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
than person who said for sedan needs modification is wrong MABY he ment the read lip.
i neeed this gone! let me know evan

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
than person who said for sedan needs modification is wrong MABY he ment the read lip.
i neeed this gone! let me know evan
yeah I messaged ELcobalt. Where are you located again? I know ELcobalt is in or near Quebec city, only thing that may kill the deal is shipping if you are far away.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im in NY. and if he is willing to pay shipping ill ship to canada just may be alot as it is a 72 inch long box

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
well either way I PM'd him with a link to this thread so if he's interested you guys can discuss the details. GLWS!

·
Registered
253 Posts
im in NY. and if he is willing to pay shipping ill ship to canada just may be alot as it is a 72 inch long box
Yeah, I could be interested. The only problem is the shipping :S Can you check with USPS the shipping fees? My postal code is G1Y 3L3 (Quebec city, Qc, Canada).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah, I could be interested. The only problem is the shipping :S Can you check with USPS the shipping fees? My postal code is G1Y 3L3 (Quebec city, Qc, Canada).
60 to canada SHOULD cover shipping

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
ELCobalt, why don't you have it shipped to the US just over the border and go pick it up? Then ghetto-install it there and come back and no duty/taxes. You would save a ly
Of money. Did that with my rims/tires and ss/TC upper and lower grilles and saved a ton (but I payed the taxes on all those items when I crossed back into Ontario since you pay less taxes there)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that sounds goood!!!! evan,so if your in canada have a box in your car you picked up from ny or somewheres close to the border, and cross border you have to pay dutys and taxes on it!?

·
Registered
709 Posts
ELCobalt, why don't you have it shipped to the US just over the border and go pick it up? Then ghetto-install it there and come back and no duty/taxes. You would save a ly
Of money. Did that with my rims/tires and ss/TC upper and lower grilles and saved a ton (but I payed the taxes on all those items when I crossed back into Ontario since you pay less taxes there)
It will cost him less to have it shipped than to go pick it up. US border are like 4h away from Québec City if not more :/

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
that sounds goood!!!! evan,so if your in canada have a box in your car you picked up from ny or somewheres close to the border, and cross border you have to pay dutys and taxes on it!?
I it is made in the US then tere is no duty, just taxes.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

It will cost him less to have it shipped than to go pick it up. US border are like 4h away from Québec City if not more :/
I wasn't sure about how far it was from Qc, that just sucks. Where I am I have a border less than an hour away. But given the travel time, it wouldn't be worth it just for that.

·
Registered
985 Posts
if they take a pic of the whole front of the car when they capture the license plate on the way there and on the way back (which is common practice for any border crossing) and they notice it, you'll be f**ed! I know a guy that tried that with rims and tires and had them confiscated for attempting to smuggle them in. lost $1400 and nothing you can do about it since you DID try to smuggle it across the border.

so be careful! worth the shipping if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if they take a pic of the whole front of the car when they capture the license plate on the way there and on the way back (which is common practice for any border crossing) and they notice it, you'll be f**ed! I know a guy that tried that with rims and tires and had them confiscated for attempting to smuggle them in. lost $1400 and nothing you can do about it since you DID try to smuggle it across the border.

so be careful! worth the shipping if you ask me.
DAMNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!:amazed: thats CRAZYY!!!!! if he wants it bad enough i can get him a full quote he can pay it and it'll get delivered to his house.

LEGIT NEED IT GONE. its sitting in the box. needs a home. its hanging with the g5 rk rear lip till it gets installed. but after that its just going to collect dust as i have the SS bumper and lip going on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.