Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m driving home from my g/f’s house tonight, which is about 1 ½ hours from my house. It is about 10:00 P.M., I’ve seen a few deer, and I’m pulling my brights on to give me the most light with my Third Generation Projectors 6k HID Kit instead of flipping back and forth between brights or dims. (I have these aimed low for the exact reason of this story.) I’m about six miles away from my house and in the month I’ve had these projectors, I have never had anyone flash me. When a car comes I just release my brights and they shut off while keeping my dims on. (Obviously)

So I see this car between ¼ and a ½ mile in front of me. So I decide I won’t use my brights anymore to be courteous to them. I see there brakes light up and then go off, so I immediately start to think there are more deer up ahead so I slow down. (The speed limit is 55, cruise was set at 57 and I slow down to about 53) As I get to the point where the car tapped their brakes, I do not see any deer and pick my speed back up to 57 mph. Again, I see this car tap their brakes and I start to wonder if this guy in front of me thinks I have my brights on. I thought about flashing my brights to show him I didn’t, but instead I just keep gaining on him. Again, he taps his brakes and by this time I’m about four to five second behind him and he has slowed down to about 45 mph and I slow down because I can’t pass him due to oncoming traffic. Then he turns his four-ways on and slows down to 40 mph and I decide now is the time to flash him and show him I don’t have my brights on… So I flash him a few times and as the last two oncoming cars pass by I’m about to pass and he turns off his four-ways and I pass…

AS SOON AS I pass him he starts throwing a fit with his brights. Off/On, Off/On, Off/On for about ten seconds. I start to laugh because it doesn’t bother me at all since my windows are tinted. After he finally stops throwing his temper tantrum he leaves his brights on. By this time I’m a bit in front of him and around three miles from home. I decide… You know what… I’m going to pull over and have a little chat with the guy. So I pull over to a complete stop and roll down my window. I guess he didn’t think it was worth discussing because he kept on driving.

I decide, well I will show him what brights and dims are... I catch up to him very easily, being he is in a KIA… I get behind him far enough to show him and I say out loud in my car… (Lol, yes you can call me the one with the road rage or crazy) “THESE ARE MY DIMS! AND THESE ARE MY BRIGHTS!” I showed each for about three seconds. I even turned off my dims completely and showed him the brights alone… brights… dims… brights… dims…. I did this about three times and then pass him. When I passed him, he didn’t flash me again, but another car that had caught up to us since we were going like 45 mph had passed him as well.

By now I’m about a mile from my house and I decided I didn’t really want him knowing where I lived to come key my car up, because people like that won’t face you up front and talk to you. It’s like you are another race or species when we get into our vehicles and drive. So I turned down a side road, watch him drive by and turn around and head back to my house.

I guess I posted this because I wanted to know what other peoples thoughts were on the story. Would you have done the same thing, or just kept driving and let it be? I know the world is full of crazy people who carry guns on them and will shoot you for a stupid reason like this, but I guess I lost my cool over the whole thing. The whole temper tantrum is what set me off I guess.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I personally woulda flipped him off as i went by then if he got in front of me put the brights back on, but im aweful with road rage like my ex would constantly ***** cuz im bad but yeah, i think u did it pretty well. lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally woulda flipped him off as i went by then if he got in front of me put the brights back on, but im aweful with road rage like my ex would constantly ***** cuz im bad but yeah, i think u did it pretty well. lol
Lol, I'm not that bad, but I doubt he would have seen the finger if I would ever do that... he couldn't tell the difference between brights and dims... the funny part is too.. I had my fogs on, in which your fogs and brights can't be on simultaneously.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA great story I love it, way to be a total **** to him, i feel like he deserved it, sometimes i think people have really bright low beams but if they are legitly high beams oh well get over it haha
That's the thing... I really didn't want to be a **** to him, I just wanted to let him know he was WRONG! (Maybe that's my problem, the fact of wanting to be the person who was right.)

·
Registered
678 Posts
You shoulda stopped in front of him and then told him how dumb he was and hoped he wasnt armed. Take my advice and do what i do just in case, never leave your house wihtout a blade in your pocket for scenarios just like this. i always say: Its better safe than pissed off with nothing you can do about it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You shoulda stopped in front of him and then told him how dumb he was and hoped he wasnt armed. Take my advice and do what i do just in case, never leave your house wihtout a blade in your pocket for scenarios just like this. i always say: Its better safe than pissed off with nothing you can do about it.
LOL, that's the thing... I DID stop in front of him... and I pulled over... and he just went around me instead of stopping to talk. I'm a nice guy... I just wanted to exchange a few, "HEY... F-U, Buddy!"'s

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well thats just rude on his part, if someone wants to talk to you you should listen! lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha i respect that decision lol, although my foglights stay on when my high beams are on cause there aftermarker :p
Ah, yeah, with that exception... I really would like to wire up my projectors so I don't have to hold the stick back to have both highs and lows on, but instead have the lows stay on when I flip the stick foward to my brights. I'm just not sure how to do this, and how much of a PITA it is.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thats just rude on his part, if someone wants to talk to you you should listen! lol
HAHA, I think the whole part of him freaking out about my low beams and then having a light fit when I pass him is rude, but yeah, he was probably scared shitless when I pulled over, haha.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well a black 'balt can be pretty darn mean lookin :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
or he thought you were being polite by pulling over and letting him pass you lol
Lol, so I could blind him more... he was a bit hesitant to pass me back... I don't know if he thought about stopping, didn't want to be in front of my lights again, or thought I was going to follow him home... (Sitting here I kinda wish I would have followed him.)

Edit: Another thing is.. I give up light on the road, just so I don't have this problem... blinding people, because I know what it's like... I guess he should get his window's tinted.. the funny thing is.. I didn't even see the person... it may have been some lady.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
hahah reminds me of when i saw a guy with hids driving towards me. I flashed my lights on and off at him because there was a cop hiding on the other side of the road. He flashed his brights on and off at me, then flew past the cop, idn what happenedafter that. But he probly thought i was flashing ym lights because of his hids.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sounds like u were both being tools. He shouldn be brake checking u, but after u passed him y didnt u just go straight home? Try and act like a tough guy and pull over for some "friendly FUs" as u said, is going to get u killed one day.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
woulda just went by and that would of been that. He may of flipped his lights at you cause you did it to him first. Why he slowed, who knows but that happens to me alot. If I am coming up on someone and get behind(safe distance) sometimes they continue to slow because they were driving slow to begin with and are trying to teach you something cause they think you are speeding. I just wait for a good place, passing zone or not and go around, beauty of having a quick car, its over before they can react and I am gone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sounds like u were both being tools. He shouldn be brake checking u, but after u passed him y didnt u just go straight home? Try and act like a tough guy and pull over for some "friendly FUs" as u said, is going to get u killed one day.
I didn't go straight home because of the obnoxious flashing of his high and low beams. I was saying "friendly FU's" sarcastically. I actually just wanted to let him know those weren't my brights and what his problem was... I barely ever say that word, lol.

woulda just went by and that would of been that. He may of flipped his lights at you cause you did it to him first. Why he slowed, who knows but that happens to me alot. If I am coming up on someone and get behind(safe distance) sometimes they continue to slow because they were driving slow to begin with and are trying to teach you something cause they think you are speeding. I just wait for a good place, passing zone or not and go around, beauty of having a quick car, its over before they can react and I am gone.
I realize that is what I should have done now. I guess it was the matter of principle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.