Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a 09 LNF Coupe.

I'm from MI and well lets just say my rockers have finally gone beyond repair, i'm gonna order some new ones but was wondering if anyone knew where the spot welds were on the old ones so i can drill them out, been looking quite hard and cannot figure out where they are at.

Also if anyone has ever replaced them before, does anyone know if you have to cut the old rocker away from the door sills or does it just pull off as 1 piece once you get the rockers out?

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
There are likely a couple pieces of metal there, not just the outer aperture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't make sense to me at all, when i crawl under there and look, I pull of my side skirt and it looks like the rocker is 1 piece on the outer, i've been looking at the pics of the replacement ones and it looks like it but i can quite determine how it would weld up

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts

Cars these days aren't constructed with just one metal thickness in almost any area, especially a structural area such as the sills (rocker). The car likely has a one piece outer aperture (the "rocker" is part of that), and more than likely another reinforcement panel inboard of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.