Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with the new dodge darts? Dodge created a limited edition run of 500 of a mopar trim dart, different gearing, exhaust, suspension... etc
He bought it in september and it has been a wonderful car... it is very fun to drive.. my complaint is the clutch pedal is far too light... at least with my transmission it actually has some feel to the clutch... But it is a fun car to drive :D I will probably end up purchasing a caliber srt4 in the next few months... can't wait

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up, they probably won't be coming out at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not holding my breath about the Dart SRT-4... There are nothing but rumors about it, however they did manufacture a Caliber SRT-4 which they did produce, just under 5700 of. I have been seeing them for sale used for an average of 14k...

They are very fun cars, and according to owner reviews on the caliber srt4 forums have been pretty reliable cars. It was a hard decision over the HHR SS, but I like the dodge more :| coming from a chevy guy...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know they do... They are going to take their time in R&D to ensure that the car handles to the best of its ability, LSD... and such... they don't just want to stick a giant motor in it and see what happens. I don't blame them, the caliber srt-4 really didn't sell that well, which is unfortunate because it is a really fun car... but I understand they are really trying to re-establish themselves as a decent car manufacturer... I think they are doing a great job so far.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Why not the faster ss/tc then? There is a sedan for sale on css right now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need a hatchback, the sss/tc cobalts still have the problem of not having a hatch, I need the cargo capability... I prefer a hatch to a trunklid, because you can fit more things in the back than you can with a trunk.

·
Registered
922 Posts
sounds like you want an SUV....

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Nice car. I laughed a bit at the one blue seat, but overall it looks like a fun little car. I don't hate on anything with a manual transmission, certainly not one without an optional autobox. If Dodge wants to compete with the Focus ST, they'll build an SRT. But seeing as there are no more competitors for that market (SS, MS3, etc.), I don't see why they'll do it. But you never know.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Nice Alfa, nothing dodge about it besides badging. They are ok cars at most. I am guessing the whole drive line is like that of the fiat 500. My gripe with them was the fake, too light of a clutch feel as well and a weak motor. Now the turbo 1.4 is a slight improvement I am sure but my idea to get a 500 Abarth quickly died after a drive and the stupid dealer mark up.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a dart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.