Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 cobalt ss sc. I can't pass emissions because of the mentioned problems. it threw 4 codes: p0304 cylinder 4 misfire, p2101 throttle position performance, p0130 bank 1 o2, bank 1 running rich. I'm convinced these are all caused by each other, a bad o2 or throttle position sensor could definitely throw everything off kilter. The fuel/air mixture is simply horrible, if the number 4 injector is being told to over spray fuel into the cylinder it could easily cause a misfire. But that's just a thought. I replaced the spark plugs, and switched coils 3 and 4 with each other, no change. I already have new coils on the way, mainly because that's just what I do when I buy a new car. I don't think new coils will help, but who knows. I'm gonna be replacing the o2 sensor tomorrow as well. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Say What again!
6,226 Posts
I would say you're onto something with everything being linked...except, I think, for the P2101, since that is ahead of everything...but that more is likely an issue specific to the throttle body itself.

I'm not sure it's going to necessarily command more fuel to cylinder 4, given it only knows what's going on for the whole bank, but I've seen weirder things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
took mine for a drive today and it was bouncing at idle like crazy almost stalling out,from 400-1400 lol but I got an 07 ss sc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts