Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been chasing a rough idle problem on my wife 2005 LT 2.2

Changed the plugs, swapped a new(used) coil pack, new ICM, cleaning the throttle body.

Hunted for vacuum leak (didn't find one)

Lastly the battery is going dead, Took to the car to Advance their battery testing machine, said the alternator is slowly draining the battery.

Can a slow drain cause an intermittent stumble? like a vacuum like?

Surging Idle on EcoTec board

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is it setting a code? Because you seem to be describing a bad MAF or bad MAF connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes, when it has popped a code...cylinder misfire, I changed the plugs and cleared the code. The code NEVER returned the idle on the over hand never went away.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
unplug the MAF and see if it runs the same way. If there's no change, your MAF or the connection to it is bad. If it runs worse, MAF/connection is good.

·
Registered
924 Posts
When my cobalt was under its warranty they told me I had a bad connection to the MAF sensor, which was causing my CEL to be on, and of course the rough idle and jumpy shifting.

So, if it was the MAF sensor, I would guess the CEL would be on. I hope its as simple as a bad connection to the MAF, but its seems unlikely to me, going by my experiences and the words from service at the dealership.

Assuming your CEL is off, if its on, get free scan at autozone or which ever auto parts store offers this for free.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Have you tried injector cleaner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE CEL is off, when it has come on it's always a misfire which I detailed in my other posting.

I trying SeaFoam right now.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Was it a random misfire or a particular cylinder?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.