Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the site but have owned my 2007 cobalt 2.2 L's for four years . I have dealt with all the ups and downs but this one is stumping me. On day the rpms shot up to 2500 out of the blue and threw a code which said the TPS sensor was faulty. So i cleaned my throttle body, MAF sensor, and air filter. Nothing changed I figured out the the TPS sensor is attached to the side of my throttle body but I haven't had the bravery to take it apart to see if I could clean it or something? I guess the questions I have is has anyone else had these problems? Also has anyone out there been brave enough to take apart their TPS sensor to see if there is anything in there that can be cleaned or something? I just don't want to spend $80 on a new throttle body from rock auto. Also I just put an injector cleaner bottle in my gas tonight to see if that will help.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it suddently jumped to 2500rpm something failed. Most likely the throttle position sensor or its connection. Start by cleaning the connector if that fails change the sensor. You don't want to pay $80 but you can't drive it like that. Mechanical things fail. Look at all the BMWs with 4way flashers "ON" on the side of the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the last post coby you said the word devenu what does that mean. Also earlier versions of the intakes on cobalts had a steel pressed cap that covered where the TPS sensor goes on the side of the cobalt making it unserviceable. Now my year of cobalt has snap clips that allow access to the sensor but I still cannot find anyone who sells just a sensor without buying the entire throttle body which I said in my original post is $80.
Thanks for your time and experience.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That was my phones french auto correct, sorry, I meant drive.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

$80 is a lot less than a car payment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.