Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a hot summer where I live and so I've been using the A/C on my '06 LT more than usual. However, every time I use it my RPMs drop dangerously low. I want to assume it needs to be recharged but I'm a bit worried that my car will stall on the highway if it gets too hot again. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Probably a dirty throttle body.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Because the ac robs something like 20hp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's been a hot summer where I live and so I've been using the A/C on my '06 LT more than usual. However, every time I use it my RPMs drop dangerously low. I want to assume it needs to be recharged but I'm a bit worried that my car will stall on the highway if it gets too hot again. Any suggestions?
Define dangerously low. Mine will dip down but only to about 700-750RPMs when the a/c is turned on at a warm idle, never any further. It's an accessory that robs power so it's kind of going to always happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since a tune, mine drops to 500 and sputters with a/c on. I'ma try to clean the throttlebody...see if that fixes it.
Let me know how it goes when you clean the throttle body. If you have some CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor spray it may be worth cleaning your MAF/MAP sensors as well.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
A good detail clean of my throttle body fixed the problem. Needed tb cleaner and a flathead screwdriver to scrape as needed.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Dont know how to do maf sensors or i would have.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Wouldn't worry too much about MAF U would get a code if it got dirty enough to fall out of specification.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

P0030 I believe.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
On the intake manifold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.