Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two issues, I'm not sure if they are related

1. Between 35-40 and 55-60 mph I get a strange intermittent rubbing noise from the driver's side wheel. It's not very loud, just loud enough to get my attention, and it's only audible at those speeds. It can also be felt ever so slightly through the gas pedal.

2. When taking tight turns or u turns in parking lots I feel a bump even if the road surface is flat, I also hear a dragging type noise from the passenger side when the bump happens. Only slow speed turns though.

Any ideas?

-Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The first one sounds like tire noise. Run your hand over the threads of that front tire to see if you can feel uneven threadwear because this will make a tire be noisy at different speed has it enters into kind of resonant state.

Second sounds like you might have a CVjoint that's binding. A bad CVjoint will also make a scrapping crunching noise when at it's sharpess turning radius. If it is passenger side it will make the worst noise while turning right.

Of course I can only go by what and how you describe the symptoms.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Coby7 has already given you some great input; if you were to decide upon going into a dealership for this, please let me know as I would like to be available to you for assistance.
Sarah
GM Customer Service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.