Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never officially asked, but I'm curious if anyone here is part of the running community. I thought it might be fun to see if anyone near or far would like to participate in a race together at some point. Even if you've never run before, it'd be fun to get a group together and meet up for something.

I have a few races around Minnesota this year, but plan to sign up for Chicago in 2014. If anyone has any interest, even remote, post up!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I run.. I have to yearly to be able to keep my job :)
I actually love running though.
Chicago... is a little bit far away!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yes! i think i'll take a random vacation to chicago! :)

how bout you take a vacation to texas, and i'll let you sleep in my garage, with levee

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
San Antonioooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been meaning to get down there again! Love me some TX.

If you're serious about considering Chicago, I've already got a buddy who's on board and my . We'll probably stay for like 4 days and see the sights, eat a lot, etc. From what I'm told, the race has like 40K runners and 1.5M spectators, so it's a pretty big race. To give you an idea, the Twin Cities caps at 12K.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well if you ever do, hit me up.
=O..... 1.5M spectators?

how much is it to enter?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How about I sell you for money?
=]

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

and I did come up to chicago, i'd drive.
I'm tired of flying, i've done it so much the last 2 years, i'm never doing it again, hense the reason i drove from alaska to texas lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
oh

my

gosh

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Do you have electricity?
cable?
MICROWAVE?
i don't even have a microwave!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

does your car run off, TRUE horsepower?! HORSES?!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well if you ever do, hit me up.
=O..... 1.5M spectators?

how much is it to enter?
I believe the entry is $175, but you get some cool swag. Doing these things is a very memorable experience.

1.5M indeed. It's insane.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
does your car run off, TRUE horsepower?! HORSES?!
Hey, don't knock our Canadian horseless carriages, they get us to the curling rink and back to our igloos every damn day. Ever been stuck in polar bear traffic during a blizzard? I didn't think so.

I run to keep in shape as I have little time to work out in a gym. My specialty is endurance and I've run a few 10Ks, with my best time hovering around 52 minutes. But with an expired passport, I'm kinda stuck here in Canada, though it'd be awesome to make the trip and take the run. Good luck to you good sir.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I used to ride a polar bear named berry to school everyday.. If anything, where i used to live has more polar bear traffic than where you live!!
I've been stuck in caribou, polar bear, and moose traffic, it's horrible....

eh? <------ lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.