Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i was wondering how you guys ran your wires, from the headunit back to the amp/subs. i gotta guy helpin me today if we can, but i want to see the different "directions/ways" you ran your wires. i know some people, run them straight up the middle, some run them along the doors. kinda asking which way would be "better." thanks.

and btw, are rockfordfosgate's p1 subs any good? with a 2 channel 1200 watt amp in a rockford box? the kid told me it slamms. but im only paying 350 for it, and hes bringing it to my house from erie, like 3 hrs away. thanks.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
exactly. If you know a bit about cars and car audio, you can run the wires in all of 10 minutes...i just took my civic system out and took the wires out that ran all the way to the trunk, took me about 10 minutes, you just pop the kick panels off starting from the passenger's side door all the way to the rear seat, then under the rear seat cushion then from there to the spare tire area. Voila! hidden wires! lol. PM me if you got any more install questions, I'm about to do my install on my cobalt in a week or two. Should be fun!! lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
oh and remember the only wires you really need to run are the sub output and an accessory wire to the amp. Everything else hooks up to the battery which is already in the trunk BOOM gotta love that the battery is in the trunk lool

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lol good choice, seems like you got a good deal on it all too! I'll post a pic of my massive system which includes 2 JBL 350RMS each 12" subs, clarion 1550wRMS amp and 3 farad capacitor etc. It kicks like crazy can't wait to install it in my new cobalt! lol one thing though, a trick, if you don't want your trunk to rattle, open the trunk, take off the plastic piece around the trunk latch and unscrew the trunk latch and lower it abit so that the trunk shuts tighter. Dynamat helps too, but this trick will pretty much get rid of any serious trunk shaking and you'll thank me for it later lol! peace and good luck on your install!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.