Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even though you can barely see it, what would the price of that to be to fix? approximately... or would it be something i could do myself? or should i give the whole car a new paint job :p just for fun

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Where's the picture?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd cut out that rocker panel until you stopped seeing rust and then I'd weld in a new piece. Possibly completely replacing the rocker panel.

This is better left to a body shop. As for price I'm not sure, you Americans get way better prices.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd cut out that rocker panel until you stopped seeing rust and then I'd weld in a new piece. Possibly completely replacing the rocker panel.

This is better left to a body shop. As for price I'm not sure, you Americans get way better prices.
well im from Canada, but my neighbor is a mechanic, and thats what he was saying to, cut it out kinda, put in a piece behind the rocker and bolt it, then sand it real nice then bonbo it, then add the correct colour, but hey if i get a body kit would i have to do that? because those rockers get removed if you add that correct?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Paint it all....new paint job new color....lol..
Body work isn't my field.....but if ya have know how, try it out..
If not what ya got to loose but the experience....
But check first on how much from auto place charges if ya can afford it try it yourself first then not have them do it....getting mine rust proofed at the end of the month....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paint it all....new paint job new color....lol..
Body work isn't my field.....but if ya have know how, try it out..
If not what ya got to loose but the experience....
But check first on how much from auto place charges if ya can afford it try it yourself first then not have them do it....getting mine rust proofed at the end of the month....
ya i mean. i like the orange and the inside has orange also, so id like to stick with orange, maybe not the factory orange, but my dad that lives in Saskatchewan is a painter for LOTS of year, so if i drive out there sometime he could probably hook me up with a wicked deal!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Keep it orange and maybe some wicked painted graphics on the side.
Or find a color that goes with orange do a half and half, angle downward painted graphics, etc
The world is yours choose any color ya want....:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep it orange and maybe some wicked painted graphics on the side.
Or find a color that goes with orange do a half and half, angle downward painted graphics, etc
The world is yours choose any color ya want....:D
was thinking about sticking with orange, and maybe some pin striping just under the windows and stuff? my dad also does that too very well :D

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I like the orange.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is just surface rust from the ding you put into it. Hammer to top part back into place, wire brush the hell out of it and seal it. Then if your fussy you can pull the dent or if not just bondo the ding sand down evenly prime and paint. For such a small spot I would just go to Sherwin Williams and get a spray bomb of color match paint.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That looks rusted through to me coby.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
After zooming in and putting my glasses on I realize the hole there. Yah you will need to cut a piece out and weld a patch. But any sheet metal guy can help you out with that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
duck tape find some orange duck tape...:D
duck tape fixes all....;P

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

call it the duck tape dynasty....;D

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You can buy these rocker panels for $40 a piece from an aftermarket body parts supplier. Probody is who I normally use

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.